Walk Run Method Boon for Weight Loss
Walk Run Method practice is for beginners & athletes returning from a difficult injury.
Normally people who doesn’t follow physical activities on their regular routine, they are not able to run for longer period. And for them weight loss becomes major headache. If they run for small distance also they get tired easily. So, for them walk run is the best method to start with and further they can start extending their running sessions.
Walk Run Method : How to Start With ?
We can start with regular or fast walking sessions for few days, slowly they can convert this walking sessions into walk run method with certain interval.
For this having a stop watch makes life easy, this helps in counting each and every single step. You can also use certain apps available on app store which gives you data with each steps and burned calories. Use of digital watch or mobile also works better.
- Initially start a walk for 3-5 min. and run for 1 min. Again, start walking of next 3-4 min. and run for another 1 min. You have to follow this repetitive process for 30-45 min in a day. Best time is in the morning. Session timings can be varied depending upon individual capacity.
- As time passes you have to decrease the walking sessions and increase the running sessions.
E.g. Take a walk for 2-3 min. and run for 10 min. and continue these steps for 30-45 min.
- You can make changes in these sessions as you feel comfortable with it.
- If you follow this practice for at least 25-30 days you will feel the difference.
- So continuing this practice you would be able to increase your stamina and you can run continuously.
- This method provides new runners ability to recover their breathing and breathing muscles rest.
- Not only it helps in losing the body weight but also it reduces chances to get injured in early stages.
- It also extends the running sessions which actually increases the stamina.
- This method also reduces stress on muscle, ligaments, tendons & bones.
(Note : For Running sessions it is recommended to use even surface, which helps in reducing stress on knee joints.)
So Get Set Go……